Los Angeles Performance Practice (LAPP) is a producing organization and artists’ network dedicated to supporting Los Angeles’ unique contemporary performance community. Founded by Miranda Wright in 2010, it is comprised of independent artists who create groundbreaking theatrical experiences through innovative approaches to collaboration, technology, and social engagement. By contributing to a shared knowledge, resources, and conversational critique; artists within this network will transform the cultural landscape of Los Angeles and beyond.
Los Angeles Performance Practice:
• Produces new work that is socially relevant and aesthetically innovative.
• Supports the development of new work that is locally anchored, by artists and independent companies who perform nationally and internationally.
• Provides critical artist services in the areas of audience development, marketing & visibility, fundraising, budgeting & administration, and career management.
• Offers performing arts presenters and live arts curators a menu of compelling new work for audiences around the globe.
• Acts as a gathering space for artist-driven conversation and critique and peer-to-peer exchanges of expertise, information, and ideas.